Babies Need Pants
Today, I accomplished something new. I started and finished a project in a day, which included a trip to the fabric store. I found a pattern online from Brindille & Twig and printed it out at home. I have been a bit apprehensive about this method in past, because I imagined it would be a nightmare getting everything printed and aligned correctly. Turns out, it was no biggie. The pattern was for a tiny human though, so it might be trickier for adult sized clothes.
Here’s a tip when cutting out the pattern: highlight your lines first. This was especially helpful in my case because the printer is low on ink so all of the colours looked similar. I used to think this step seemed overboard, but it’s quick and super helpful.
This pattern encouraged me to use my serger. I’m a bit scared of my serger, but with each use I grow a bit more confident. It was fun to switch between the machines for this project. I felt so professional, that is, until I sewed the pocket over onto itself and had to pick out the error.
The project taught me about pockets of this style, cuffs, and adding an elastic waist. I think the design is SUPER cute, but I messed up this one in too many places to be able to gift to any pant-less babies just yet. I feel I can make this pattern quickly on a second go around, so I intend to do so soon!
I thought I would include costs in these posts in case anyone is interested! I think this will make 3-4 pairs of pants.
Pattern: $7.50 (USD)
Fabric & elastic: $29 (CAD)
ZERO ERROR PANTS
When held just so.